Currently, holding a large Google Meet video conference can make it difficult to see all participants. Fortunately, there is now a Chrome Extension called “Google Meet Grid View” that allows you to view many more screens at once in a grid:
- Make sure you are on Google Chrome and logged into your school account:
- Go to the “Google Meet Grid View” Chrome Extension page. Click “Add to Chrome”
- The extension will be added to your Chrome Extensions:
You do not need to click it or do anything with it.
- Now, when you’re in a Google Meet you will see this button at the top:
- Click that button to put your Meet session into “Grid View” mode. (Click again it to return to your previous viewing mode.)
My Thoughts: Use of Google Meet is skyrocketing right now, as you may imagine. Google is scrambling to update the app daily in response to teacher requests and feedback. My guess would be that this, as an often-requested feature, will eventually be integrated into the Meet app, making the use of a Chrome Extension unnecessary. But until that happens, this is a great solution!